Friends
nullspace
Medicine Hat
The Bunneh Trail
Gulliver's Palace

MUD links
Seasons of Almadyn
Top MUD Sites
The Mud Connector
MUD Planet
MUD Domain

FFXI Resources
FFXI Homepage
Somepage
Allakhazam
MysteryTour
Food
Fishing
Skills
Treasure Hunting
FFACT
Windower

The Past

Tuesday, November 16, 2004
-**-

Yes yes, Xerlic here. I have met your Tuesday deadline, Grey! You can call off the attack spiders now. Enjoy the latest of JSL, kids.

Fluffy was acting kind of strange this morning. She didn't want to go out for her walk. I tried to get her to go and put her leash on, but she didn't get up and run to the door as normal. Oh well, I wasn't going to let this get me down. I was moving a mile a minute and time was awasting. And everyone knows that time waits for no cat. But Fluffy is a dog. Well, that's not important. What's important is I'm almost out of smokes after my morning pack of cigarettes.

The next thing I knew I was on the street, my feet moving of their own accord. I pulled the empty pack of Marlboros out of my pocket and gazed at it. I shook the empty container and crushed it in my fist. The jagged edges of the cardboard dug into my palm. The pain will keep me going.

In my musings, I almost ran straight into Enrique! I really need to keep my head out of the clouds. I chided myself for being such a silly girl, and said hello. He decided to accompany me on my jog and I was pleased to have somebody to talk to. I haven't seen him in ages!

We talked about many things. He told me that the movie he is set to star in has finished filming. I told him that I would see it as soon as they started to show it at the drive-in. He promised to take me since he knows how big of a fan I am. I agreed, but I told him not to get any funny ideas unless he wanted to see the wrath of Ackmad. He just laughed in response.

Our conversation switched gears when he told me that he had dined with the President last night week. The president told Enrique about his fiscal policy aimed to get the country out of the recession by lowering taxes in order to stimulate output. Enrique referred to the policy as Reaganomics. It sounded a lot like FDR's policies that ended The Great Depression. I really should give that man a call; it's been ages since we've last spoken. It's a terrible thing that a man with a heart of gold be stuck in a wheelchair because of Polio. You'd think that they'd come up with a cure for that by now.

I ran into the Shell and they had my usual waiting: 5 packs of cigarettes and a yoo-hoo. I was somewhat upset to see that Ackmad wasn't here today. I asked the gentleman behind the counter and he said that Ackmad had returned home. He said something about some lady scaring him, so he decided to go back to the motherland. Why, if I knew that some lady was trying to bully my Ackmad, I would have let her have it! I was upset, but I'm sure he'd come visit. Maybe I'll write him a letter later.

I asked Enrique if he wanted anything, but he was gone. That crazy guy must have slipped out when I wasn't looking. You have to watch out for those Hollywood-types. They're always doing something. I told this to the clerk with a laugh, but I think something was wrong with his face. He gave me this strange look and went into the backroom. I guess he had something to do.

I wonder if Fluffy wants some of my yoo-hoo.

~The Epic Tales of Joggey-Smokey Lady, Volume 13

Xerlic (2:28 PM)

0 Other reports:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

  • Powered by TagBoard

  • Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Rehuman² [Civil Afar]
    Free Counters

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com