Friends
nullspace
Medicine Hat
The Bunneh Trail
Gulliver's Palace

MUD links
Seasons of Almadyn
Top MUD Sites
The Mud Connector
MUD Planet
MUD Domain

FFXI Resources
FFXI Homepage
Somepage
Allakhazam
MysteryTour
Food
Fishing
Skills
Treasure Hunting
FFACT
Windower

The Past

Wednesday, June 23, 2004
-**-

I paced quickly across the street. One smoke was all I needed, but I knew I would be given twenty for my time. Jogging was my life and nicotine was my reward. The paycheck at the end of the day always reassured me of this.

As I exited the Getty convenient store I packed, unwrapped, lit, breathed, and broke into a slow trot. I took a long look at the sky. It was blue and beautiful. I remembered how perfect that day was. I ran like the wind. I may not have been the first to break the tape, or even the hundredth, but I knew who the winner was. Fluffy knew too because she was there, watching mommy's red hair be tossed about by the wind is lustrous fashion.

I took a look around, realizing I was already on South Pascack. How clockwork were my actions, how decisive my motives I thought. I couldn't wait to get home and just turn right back around and do it all over again. I took a long look down the road, but the heat blurred my vision. I slid my glasses up to my brow, squinting to get a better look, pushing the hair out of my face. I spied a gray SUV speeding toward me! The driver sped by, blinding me with a flash of light just as he or she passed. I felt him watching me through his rear-view mirror, peering at me. Maybe he was a fan. Hrm. Maybe he saw me run that day. Maybe he was the man of my dreams. The thought sent a shiver up my spine and I was happy. I lit another cigarette and jogged quickly home, eager to tell Fluffy about today and how great it was.

~The Epic Tales of Joggey-Smokey Lady, Volume 5

Grey (3:57 AM)

0 Other reports:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

  • Powered by TagBoard

  • Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Rehuman² [Civil Afar]
    Free Counters

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com